What does OER Tracking do?
We offer a range of tracking options with our Garmin devices:
- Tracking Companies – if you are working with, or are, a tracking company we have experience setting up and providing the feed information for the company to integrate our devices into custom tracking pages.
- Track with Garmin MapShare – if you are not working with a tracking company or do not need that level of sophistication you can still track devices using Garmin’s free MapShare URL tracking. All of our device rentals include access to individual and group MapShare URLs.
- Check in – don’t need live tracking, but just need your user to check in or be located? A Preset check-in message with coordinates and a map link can be setup. Or you can locate a device using MapShare as well. Great for field workers or event staff that don’t need to be live tracked, but still monitored.
- Other Inreach tracking and satellite messaging options: OER Tracking is a sister business to OER (oerentals.com) that is focused on races, events, and large quantity tracking solutions. Our sister business, oerentals.com offers smaller quantity and individual rentals of a range of Garmin InReach devices (Messenger, Mini, Mini2, EX+, GPSMap)
How does our technology work?
Our devices allow tracking via satellite – where there is no cellular network, our devices track anywhere, worldwide.
- Great battery life – up to 14 days of 10 minute tracking in moderate tree cover. So even heavier cover will get several days, making battery life a non-issue for most races.
- Small and Light: Weighing only 4oz, it is easy to carry
- IPX7 waterproof – it can take the rain and a dunk in the stream and keep on working.
- Iridium Satellite System – Track anywhere. You don’t need a cell signal to use these satellite devices. And unlike SPOT’s Globalstar, Iridium is the best for coverage and reliability when it comes to satellite tracking and messaging.
- SOS and Preset messaging – let your users get help. A pre-set message can be set that alerts race officials or event organizers that they need help. A built in SOS button goes directly to Garmin’s GEOS worldwide SAR coordination center and gets help on the way.
- Message your users – need to warn a participant about bad weather, a route danger, course change? You can send a message to the device via satellite.
About OER Tracking
OER Tracking is separate enterprise derived from Outdoor Equipment Rentals (oerentals.com)
Outdoor Equipment Rentals offers low cost safety and communications rentals including Avalanche Safety Gear, Emergency Beacons, Satellite Messengers, Satellite Phones, Marine Safety, and More
With over a decade of experience with Garmin InReach devices, OER Tracking is a new stand alone company dedicated to offering low cost satellite based tracking options for races, events, field workers, and other large groups. We have translated our years of experience setting up, using, and supporting InReach devices into a new enterprise to offer the very best in equipment and customer service for your location tracking needs. We are excited to talk through your needs and come up with a solution that fits your budget and expectations.